Caravan Insurance

Touring caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Insurance

Caravans and static caravans are big investments, something that you’ll want to safeguard with a reliable insurance policy that’ll offer cover both for the caravan itself and its contents.

Salop Leisure's insurance advisors can help you find the caravan insurance policy that’s right for your needs. Whether you have a Touring Caravan, Motorhome or Holiday Home our team of advisors will work with you to find a policy that’s tailored to your caravan, and your needs.

Insurance for a touring caravan

While not a legal requirement, insurance for touring caravans is highly recommended. Accidents happen all of the time – on the road, on site, and while caravans are in storage. Although some car insurance policies will cover you for some third party scenarios on the road, only a caravan insurance policy ensures that your caravan is covered in all three scenarios.

As with any insurance policy, there are many different levels of cover available. Which can include assistance in replacing items that were lost in the Caravan, or in the event of an accident, theft or fire your insurance provider may replace your caravan. Salop Leisure has teamed up with Caravan Guard to protect your caravan and motorhome against accidental damage, theft, storm, fire and flood with the reassurance of a policy backed by a leading UK insurer, RSA. All with up to 50% in discounts for careful caravan and motorhome owners. Click here to get a quote.

Static caravan insurance

A static caravan is a second home, and just like your home, your static caravan needs an insurance policy that provides cover for accidental damage and theft including problems caused by the ever changeable British weather.

A static caravan insurance policy can also cover you for accidental damage to your personal contents such as televisions, clothing, bedding etc. Some policies also cover you if there is irreparable damage to your static caravan and you face costs from the caravan site, need to remove debris, or need to re-site a new caravan.
Cover can be provided on a New for Old basis no matter how old your Holiday Home is. Call Barbara Morris at Salop Leisure for an insurance quote to protect your static caravan on 01743 282400

What you should consider before taking out Holiday Home insurance:

What’s the make and model?

Similar to taking out a car insurance policy, we’ll need to know a little bit about the caravan; for example, the make and model. It’s a good idea to pull out any sales documents or literature that you might have about the caravan as this should provide you with most of the information you need, for example, the year of registration, number of berths etc.

How do you use your caravan or motorhome?

To help determine which insurance policy is right for you, Salop Leisure’s advisors will ask you how you use your touring caravan, Motorhome or Holiday Home. For example, do you hire it out? How many days in a given year do you normally spend in the caravan? Are any valuable possessions kept in your caravan? Where the caravan is usually kept?

Knowing the answers to questions like these, and thinking about how you plan to use the caravan in the future, can help us quickly and easily find the quote that’s best suited to you.

What do you need to be covered?

Your touring caravan, motorhome or holiday home insurance policy doesn’t just include cover for the caravan, but for items kept in the caravan too - for example, outdoor furniture, and kitchenware.

Before contacting our advisors, it’s a good idea to take an inventory of everything that’s in your caravan. While some items, such as laptops and mobile phones, can’t be covered, many items can and having a list of all of the additional items kept in the caravan can help the advisor provide you with a quotation to meet your requirements.

Get in touch

Speak to our team of advisors today! We’ll help you find the insurance policy that’s right for you, whether that's for your touring caravan, motorhome or insurance for a caravan holiday home.